Friday, February 08, 2008

Today in esophagus news

This recovery is totally bizarre. As long as I am not eating, I feel completely normal. So normal in fact that I forget I'm not recovered. Then I do something dumb. Like at breakfast today.

I foolishly forgot to take a sip of water or juice before eating my toast. So I take two bites of toast and cheese and gak! Next thing I know I'm standing at the kitchen sink wheezing, hiccuping and sipping water trying to dislodge the air bubble that is sticking me like a knife in the back. So weird.

It's not like choking. There's no fear of not breathing. It's just a stabbing pain and I can feel the air pocket. I think restaurant eating is off the menu for a long, long time.

Golden Rule: sip, then eat, sip, then eat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

..so it's safe to assume that Buffet Maharajah will not be happening this weekend!

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

what if you sip then eat butter chicken?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'd like to think that, not this weekend, but soon butter chicken will be on! It's what I live for!