Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar Nite

I did not win the Oscar pool. This is not news, as I think I’ve won once in 8 years. Sigh.

The couple from Once were really sweet, just like their movie.

I was glad DDL won. I loved the contrast between his yelling in the featured clip and his gentle speech. It was nice that he acknowledged the boy who played his son. I figure the kid was really good, and if he can hold his own against DDL then congratulations to him. Of course, everything about DDL was overshadowed by his wife’s awful dress. I’m not a big Oscar Gown Critic, but … ooh what was that?

Now let’s talk about Javier Bardem. I don’t think he’s great shakes, looks-wise, but last night is what stylists get paid big bucks to do. He looked sensational. Wow. And he brought his mom. Aw!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny I was asking Stan who that hunky guy was. He had a certain je ne sais quoi...anyway, it was quickly pointed out to me that he plays one of the nastiest guys in movie history...oh well, always attracted to the dark side ay?

cityofmushrooms said...

great nose

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Bardem or DDL?

DDL has the best nose since Rafe.

(Stan? Who's Stan?)

cityofmushrooms said...

oh, bardem