Friday, February 22, 2008

DRAINAGE!!

It’s all about the drainage.

I finally saw There Will Be Blood last night. Loved it.

Some people think 2 ½ hours is too long. Not me. I loved every minute of it. The BIG performance by DDL was exactly what I wanted from him and I got it. He’s on screen almost every second and he’s always enthralling.

I thought Plainview was a great character. I believe Plainview is supposed to be a villain, but I thought he was terrific. He was so honest. When a man says he hates other people, what else do you need to know?

Should I be worried that I was rooting for the unapologetic misanthrope all the way?

Sure, he could be extreme. For example, if you suspect someone of having been dishonest with you, you should fire him, not kill him. But that’s just me. And I wouldn’t make an interesting character in a movie.

In the end, he loses it. But he knows he’s lost it. And I think the movie has one of the best last lines ever: “I’m finished”.

No comments: