Monday, February 04, 2008

It's Municipal Tax Time

Everybody's fave time of the year, when we see what the City of Montreal is charging for its laughable unhelpful hostile services.

For the first time in history, my bill remains unchanged from the preceding year.

I suppose they expect me to be grateful about this.

With a total of $3030.00 (divided into 2 payments) I'm not enjoying the gouge. Does anyone like being ripped-off? Does anyone look at their bill and say "why, the City has certainly earned this money! I'll gladly pay this. Well done, sirs."

I think not.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I translated this amount into Aussie dollars and it was even more depressing!!! Bloody hell!

Mine went up $27 dollars this year and are just over $700A, about $635 Canadian. Keeping in mind, I live about 20 miles from the centre of the city and not in a house, but in I guess what you guys would call a condominium - there are 5 on our block. For houses, its about $1000A.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I think location is the difference. I'm in a "desirable" neighbourhood in the city and it's a stand-alone house (tho barely standing).

I'm moving to Melbourne.

Anonymous said...

I received mine yesterday and...get ready for this...I have not yet paid it! An entire day with a tax bill on my dresser!!! What is this world coming to? Although, as I am anxious to balance my cheque book, it's safe to say that payment will be executed by the end of the week.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I get more satisfaction from withholding my money from the City than I do from a balanced chequebook. But that's me. I know you are different.

I have to get another oil delivery this week. This is an expensive month.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Speak of the expensive devil, the oil man is here. Goodbye $$$$...

Anonymous said...

Can I tell you in the city centre itself, the rates are around $2000A per year - thats still better.

Come on over!