Monday, February 11, 2008

Masterpiece?

I watched Pride & Prejudice on what used to be Masterpiece Theater last night. Did you know they changed the name from Masterpiece Theater to "Masterpiece"? How dumb is that? What were they thinking. That "Theater" is too high-brow even for PBS now?

Anyway, back to P&P. It was the movie version (Masterpiece Cinema, perhaps?) starring Colin Firth, who I've never really been much of a fan of. Terrible sentence structure there, I think, but I can't be bothered to fix it.

So I'm watching and I'm thinking that Colin Firth makes a great Mr. Darcy. Mainly because throughout the program, I just kept thinking "what a handsome a--hole this guy is" which, if I am not mistaken, is exactly how we are supposed to think of Mr. Darcy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and to think that last night I was watching American Gladiators/

mmm, Titan.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

I think I've seen the colin firth one-
as I recall miss mushrooms jr was quite enthralled (if costumes are involved, she's in)

aside: we all watched "rear window" again last night-can't go wrong w/hitch

Anonymous said...

Why what a coincidence I flipped back and forth between that and the Grammys last night.

I believe it's now "Masterpiece Classic" which so far has meant lots of Jane Austen, which has been quite nice.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Eternal truths:
Death and taxes are certain, and any mention of Colin Firth will bring LLJ to the comments board. :)

Anonymous said...

Can I just point out its not a movie, its a 6 part BBC series, which I have on both video and DVD (and the novel and the book of the making of the TV series....)the video is just about worn out by now. I hope that Masterpiece thingy hasn't chopped it down to a movie!

Anyone want me to recite any lines from the show????

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I stand corrected. Because I had seen it before I just assumed I had seen it at the movies, but I must've seen it on t.v.

They haven't chopped it. They are showing the entire series.

Big fan, are you? heh.