Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Poetry Corner II

Good day, friends. Apparently the deep snow brings out the deep poet in many Canadians. Therefore I proudly present a collaborative effort from the Nanukian Poetry Collective.

Waste Land USA
(To Karl)

President Obama?
A change is gonna come.
But will his policies turn Marxist when time the change it brings?
How can they not be when Harpo is pulling the strings?


And she with her followers akin to the Gestapo
Will make many feel Groucho (Chico and sometimes Zeppo)

"But what of Gummo" chant the masses.
What of Gummo.

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

indeed-ily-dee
(as mushrooms jr would say)

Anonymous said...

hmm, looks like Poetry Corner did not create mass hysteria as planned.

In hopes of stirring more interest, I offer this ribald poem which is sure to tease and tickle:

I was quite surprised last night,
When I switched on my TV set,
I saw Obama and Bill Clinton
Engaged in some tete-a-tete.
Yes, both of them were standing there
Utterly and completely nude
Checking out each other's assets
On the set of Family Feud.
They both looked kind of devilish,
Sneaky and somewhat wiley.
In fact they both looked rather like
Charles Nelson Riley.
Then Obama said, if you want to vote
You've got to pull the lever
And once you do...Trust me, pal
I'll make you a believer.
But then Hilary appeared
With a spatula in hand,
Started whipping at her running mate
Screaming "Get your paws off my man!"


Well, as you know, I could probably go on forever writing this kind of stuff...Let's just hope, on this Valentine's Day, that I have brought a little romance and Shakespeare into everyone's heart.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Your unique skills are noted with thanks. I think.

cityofmushrooms said...

thank you JAW fan!
happy valentine's day

Anonymous said...

What is it? Is it too much snow? Tell me what is going on over there!!!??

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

You got it. TOO MUCH SNOW. It's making us crazy.