Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh Yeah, Baby, The Earth Moved

I was brushing my teeth last night before bed, when that unmistakable rumbling occurred.

It was a 3.9. Not enough for the house to shake, but it went on far too long for it to be just a heavy truck on the next street.

We're having a earthquake, I said to the cats, who surprisingly and very un-cat-like were not freaking out. My cats have no earthquake detectors. This is good to know. See if I save them in their moment of need! Ha! meow indeed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, now you're nowhere near Chile if my sub-standard American geography education serves. Was it a sympathy quake? Canadians are a very nice people, afterall.

Anon LP

cityofmushrooms said...

I seem to remember an earthquake in my mtl days and it did have that truck-rumbling-down-the-street feel to it

out here: no earthquakes-
think what it would do to the oil wells: a beverly hillbillies moment for sure!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Black gold, Alberta tea.

Susieq said...

This wasn't the same time that Canada scored that goal to win the gold in the hockey??? (have given up trying to work out the timezone thing.....)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

No, the earthquake was Saturday night and Sidney's fabulous goal was Sunday afternoon. But I understand your confusion since that goal did send the whole country into one massive national O.

Susieq said...

Yeah, and it happened 19 hours behind Melbourne time!!! So double confusion here...