Saturday, February 20, 2010

The End of Al

My old neighbour, Al Haig, has died. I guess he's really not in control now.

And he really was my neighbour. He lived in the incredibly fancy condo building right next door to my very-nice-but-ordinary-by-DC-standards apartment building. All I had in my building was a couple of lousy Congressmen.

I will never forget some Congressman's wife in the lobby yelling at some poor shlub on the front desk. "Do you know who my husband is? Do you know who my husband is?" The guy's face was so passive, he did not give a shit who her husband was. heh heh.

Have fun in hell, Al. Say hi to Ronnie.

2 comments:

Brian Busby said...

Does the word "succession" mean nothing to poor shlubs?

As secretary of my condo board in Vancouver, I was just two heartbeats away from being in charge.

It was a hell of a responsibility.

Susieq said...

and I hope he says hi to Tricky Dicky as well.......