Saturday, February 06, 2010

MFTD

This morning I have put the Magnetic Fields Ticket Disaster into perspective. Yes, it's bad, but it could be so much worse. The reasons:

1. Ticket costs $37, compared to the L. Cohen ticket of two years ago that was about $175, this is not a big loss.

2. MF are a relatively young band who may tour again, thus I will have (I hope) another opportunity to see them, compared to L. Cohen who is old and may drop dead any day now.

3. I had only my own ticket to lose, compared to last weekend when our gang went to the Centaur and I had purchased and was in possession of EIGHT (8) tickets. What if I had lost those? Someone's birthday would've been ruined.

4. Today is Mr. Anonymous's birthday, but the MFTD has not ruined it!

5. There are 2 other people (J&J) going together, so it is not like I have left one person stuck going by him/herself.

6. This has provided me with another "boy, am I stupid" blog post to share with the world.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

happy bday mr a

(and really sorry about the ticket, ms n)