Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Still illin'

I am at home today feeling like a miserable cow. I do not like being sick. I do not like it at all.

I have managed to read a book in 24 hours. I never do this unless I am sick. I re-read, actually, When We Were Orphans. It was like reading it new since not one line of it was familiar. Maybe I never actually did read it before? I dunno. Anyway, I liked it, but it is not as good as Remains of the Day.

I may read another book today.

(Reading a book a day. Is this what it's like to be Greg? No. That would be reading a book a day, while drinking obscure Czech beer.)

8 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

is the orpahn book the clone one? I liked that--

read alice!

cityofmushrooms said...

I mean ORPHAN

Sue said...

The clone book - I read that a couple of years ago - weird.....

gsdgsd13 said...

I actually just started reading "Artist of the Floating World." I need to re-read "Remains of the Day" one of these days.

"Never Let Me Go" is the clone one.

cityofmushrooms said...

o right
"never let me go" was good
what's the orphan one then?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

When We Were Orphans is about a very English private detective who grows up in Shanghai and his parents disappear.

cityofmushrooms said...

good read?

Anonymous said...

A confederacy of dunces might be a good one for a sick day? I can barely get through a tv show when I'm sick. Do the cats pester you more now that you're home all day? do they sit on your book or put their paw on your face or want to sleep on your chest while reading the book?