Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No Good Thievin'

Last week at IGA, I noticed a woman doing her shopping by putting her items directly into the large cloth recycleable grocery bag that she had placed in her shopping cart.

Later, as I was standing in line to pay (like a sap), I saw her approach one of the queues and simply pull her stuffed grocery bag out of her cart, and “excuse me, excuse me, excuse me” go through the queue and out the door. It was a quick move and very efficient.

And she wasn’t no spring chicken.

How much of this fraud is going around? And why is the criminal element always so devilishly clever?

2 comments:

Susieq said...

Well, there's chutzpah for you!!! (hope thats spelt right...) Betcha she's been doing that for years.

Anonymous said...

yes except it used to be wrong to put stuff into a bag before getting to the cash whereas now it is quite acceptable. Maybe they should start putting those ink locks on the fruit until you get to the cash and pay for them?