Friday, May 04, 2007

Spring, She has Sprung

"A man without land is nothing" -- Duddy Kravitz's grandfather.

"I can't believe how long the stupid grass is already." -- Me.

Indulge me while I whine:

But there was snow on the ground only 3 weeks ago!!

Last night as I surveyed that vast expanse known as my back yard, I thought I'd have to be mowing the stupid lawn, not this weekend, but next weekend for sure. This morning, I was checking it out again as I hung out the laundry. Now I'm thinking it can't wait until next weekend. It's already scary long.

There must be some lawn care rule that says when you live this far North you don't have to mow your lawn until after the Kentucky Derby. (Which means I can hold off until Sunday, I suppose. )

Another summer of endless thrills.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

why not toss wild flowers seeds hither and thither and then you will have a back yard meadow? the cats will love it-
the neighbours might not

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Not only will the neighbours not like it, neither would I. It sounds very idyllic, but not my cup of tea.

cityofmushrooms said...

but then you wouldn't have to cut the grass

gsdgsd13 said...

Mordecai Richler reference! Woooo!