Sunday, May 06, 2007

French Election Day

I think this election is a big deal. Which is why it seems rather pathetic that the two candidates are so lame. Why is it in Western democracies that nobody "good" seems to want to run for office anymore?

Or is it that politicians everywhere have always been less than they appear, but today nobody pretends otherwise?

I don't know if the international press collectively decided to pick on Segolene Royal, but every story I read about her was about her unpreparedness and her lack of knowledge of the world. I think there were two stories about her and her knowledge of Quebec, and it both cases she was duped and looked pretty dumb.

Sarkozy, on the other hand, just looks evil. He's a French Thatcher? Great.

Back at home, who do we have in the running? Justin Trudeau. God help us.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

how is it that I was such a fan of trudeau (pere) and that trudeau jr just gets on my nerves?