Thursday, May 03, 2007

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

I survived my first two Dragon Boat practices of the season. And I'm not even that sore. Thank you, Motrin.

Monday night was kind of cold and windy on The Olde Canal, but last evening was really beautiful.

This paddling business is trickier than it looks. I spend all my energy worrying about my "technique" which at the moment is non-existent, so I don't have any time to think about my "power" which is so non-existent it's rather pathetic.

It's all about the back muscles and the abs. I so desperately need a Body Toner Platinum Edition.

Last night we had to do 5 sets of 5 minutes each; with the first 4 minutes at 75% of strength and the final minute at 85%. Ha, I said. After those 4 minutes at 75%, you think there's anything left for the final push? Hardly. Then we get a 2-minute break before the next set. Those 2 minutes go by very quickly.

No comments: