Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's Dylan's Birthday

Bob is 66 today.

It's a gorgeous day. Lilacs are everywhere. The street smells so sweet.

What better way to celebrate than to take a day off work and stay home, puttering in the garden, planting annuals and tomatoes. Not that I've done any of that yet, but I'm heading outdoors any minute now.

Had an excellent practice last night. The canal was so calm, and the weather was perfect. There is a bakery somewhere between St. Henri and Ville LaSalle because we paddled down past the Angrignon overpass and right near there, man, the smell of fresh baked bread was unbelievable.

My technique is definitely improving. I paddled hard for the whole practice and yet didn't have sore arms at all. I'm finally learning to use my back and shoulders. If I can figure this out, anyone can.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

dear ms amazon paddler: have a happy gardening day

and yes, I heard that it was bob's bday today and thought of you