Saturday, May 05, 2007

Big Day Today

First: It's Kentucky Derby Day. I love the Triple Crown. I confess, however, that even though the track is only a 15-minute drive from my house, I can never be bothered to head over there to place a bet. I'm too lazy.

Why don't we have OTB at the local mall? Who do I contact about this?

Got a hankering for a Mint Julep and it's still early in the morning.

(I'm up so early on a Saturday because at 5:00 a.m. Mr. D. and the Big Red One decided that my bed was a NASCAR oval. After half an hour of their feline antics, I was wide awake. What a start to the weekend.)

Second: It's the Third Annual World Naked Gardening Day. Do what you want with this information. For me, I have a lot of raking and weed pulling to do today, but it's rather chilly and thus I am forced to undertake these activities fully clothed. Neighbourhood Peeping Toms breathe a sigh of relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No need to feel wierd. I call the triple crown races "High Holy Days" and act accordingly. I took Friday off to run errands and tackle huge amounts of laundry.

The kicker, I hate to gamble. A high priced favorite that I veryu much loved? Still didn't bet.

Oh and I know lots of Mexicans so I'll loan you one if you're feeling less than North American-solidarity.