Thursday, September 21, 2006

Why I like Michael Ware


Soledad O'Brien: "You heard what the president had to say, which is, essentially, the good news that out there is not getting reported. Have you found that to be true on the ground where you have been?

Michael Ware, CNN correspondent: "Oh, look, really, nothing could be further from the truth. I mean, the fact that, when President Bush talks about those living on the ground, and he cites General Casey and Ambassador Khalilzad, I mean, these are men who could not be more divorced from the Iraqi reality.”

(You know this is an accurate quote because of the I mean…I mean…)

This being said, I expect Ware to be sacked by CNN any day now because he is far too willing and happy to say the opposite of the Bush administration's claims. How dare he.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm suprised he didn't get sacked days ago when he stated that Iraq, at least Baghdad, is for all intents and purposes in a civil war already.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I know! he is the only person who tells it like it is. He's the Dr. Phil of CNN.

(Ooops, that makes me like him less. Scratch that.)

Anonymous said...

Without wishing to confirm stereotypes, we do have a reputation for being blunt and telling it like it is - why should he be any different? (even if I still find the accent a bit harsh.....)Its refreshing to hear that someone is saying this sort of stuff - at least its not the Queen Bee poncing about in her strange safari suits or Nic Robertson frowning a lot and inserting dramatic pauses after every 3rd word!

Anonymous said...

If you noticed, Ware kind of laid low for a while after all that drama about what he said. I figured CNN gave him a short "vacation" so that we would forget about it. You know we Americans have no attention span.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Thanks for pointing that out, anne. I had noticed we haven't seen much of Ware lately, but I thought I was just paranoid. Maybe they're keeping him in an undisclosed location until he learns to stick to the script!