Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Radio Free Mahmoud


I watched a lot of Mahmoud's speech to the UN tonight. Unfortunately for Mahmoud, I had to leave him at 8:00 because House was on. Mahmoud may wield all kinds of power, but in this house his rhetoric is no match for Hugh Laurie's snark.

Mahmoud was rather repetitive, I found. We got it, M, you're a justice-luvin' guy. Got it.

I hate to tell you, but reform of the Security Council? Not one of the five permanent members is going to let its influence be lost or even diluted to any significant degree. UN reform on any level is a non-starter. If you don't believe me, ask John Bolton.

I liked the lonely shot of the empty US delegation seats. That's cold, baby. And I think the British just had one junior flunky on the scene. Quelle snub.

No comments: