Wednesday, September 27, 2006

For Canadians only

(Or anybody who just likes gossip.)

There is something very bizarre about the Tie Domi/Belinda Stronach affair. I just can’t imagine what they’d talk about. Silly me, assuming they talked. I confess I was always a big Domi fan. I know that's weird. I’m not even sure why, I just liked the guy. But now that I know he took up with that Stronach woman, he has dropped in my esteem.

I need some male input on this question. What’s so great about Belinda? Other than her money. I just don't see her appeal.

Let’s have a look at the CBC’s little profile of her:

“It is not the first time that Stronach's love life has been the subject of intense public scrutiny.

“The then-rookie MP jumped from the Conservative party directly into the ranks of Paul Martin's Liberal cabinet in May 2005, jettisoning her high-profile paramour - fellow Tory MP Peter MacKay - in the process.

“MacKay, now the Conservative foreign affairs minister, gave despondent TV interviews in a potato patch in his native Nova Scotia that turned the split into a political bodice-ripper.

“Stronach was previously married to Olympic speed-skating champion Johann Olav Koss of Norway, and before that to a top executive in her father's autoparts empire.

“She's had to deny a string of rumoured romantic partners, most notably former U.S. president Bill Clinton - a friend whose path frequently crosses Stronach's.

“Asked about her many male friends in a new biography, Stronach was forthright "I love them, what's wrong with that?" said the single mother of two.

“Asked bluntly about her sex life, Stronach responded: "Let's face it. I don't sit at home and knit on Friday nights.”

Of all the men in her life, the one that continually surprises me in Johann Koss. How did they even meet? Wasn’t he in training all the time?

8 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I'm w/belinda on this one: if she were a man, this wouldn't be news!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'm waiting to hear Mr. Mushrooms's take on Belinda. He's a fan of hers, isn't he?

cityofmushrooms said...

her and (get ready for it) rona ambrose!! another friend's husband (a lefty too) is also warm for her form
they all say: "it's the skirts"

please

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Actually, I was going to mention Rona Ambrose. I don't like her Kyoto shirking policies, but I have to admit she is very attractive. If the whole mass of Canadian males went crazy for Rona, I could understand that way better than Belinda. Belinda's so bland. Rona's a hot babe... by Conservative standards.

cityofmushrooms said...

don't even get me started about the supposed appeal of calgary "babe" diane ablonczy...

Anonymous said...

I've no idea who most of these people are,(and I don't care) but that speed skater from Norway - I'm sure he was on with one of our swimmers a few years ago - he gets around!!!!

cityofmushrooms said...

note to susieq: all you need to know is that right-wing, socially conservative alberta is ruling canada -- be afraid, be very afraid--
and I say that as an albertan

Anonymous said...

Got it!