Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday

This is a rainy and dull Sunday, with the remnants of Ernesto passing through. Yawn.

So I made me another batch of tomato sauce. Basically the same recipe as last week, with a bit of tweaking.

The main thing is this is a bigger batch. I hauled a large pot out of the basement. I felt like Ray Liotta in GoodFellas, just keep stirring that sauce.

I added olives this time. They didn't change much, but like Everest they were there. And I added a lot more vodka. (You'd be disappointed if I hadn't, right?) I can't taste it in the final product, but it sure smelled boozy whenever I lifted the lid to take a sniff whilst cooking it.

In between stirs, I listened to Modern Times. It's so good. And I did most of Friday's NY Times crossword. This is where I learned that Dr. No's first name was Julius. Who knew Dr. No even had a first name? I know, I know, real Bond fans knew this, but I didn't. So I am edified by this very old news.

So, after lunch, leaving the sauce to cool, I got back into The Da Vinci Code. For a "thriller" I'm finding this incredibly slow-going. I fell asleep 3 times. But I'm going to finish this darn thing today, even if it kills me.

No comments: