Saturday, September 23, 2006

One week until Italia

It's another rainy lousy Saturday. We get far too many of these lately. I slept in late, have done nothing constructive since I got up, I've got Arsenal vs Sheffield Utd on the box, I'm downloading another episode of Bob's radio show (this episode's theme: Weddings) while sipping coffee and posting to my blog. This can only mean one thing: I'm in full pre-trip panic procrastination paralysis. When the pressure's on, I do nothing.

My only goal for the day is to write up my packing list. I need a list in order to pack. Without a written document to consult, I'd leave without a ticket or a passport.

There was good travelling news yesterday. They have partially lifted the ban on bringing liquids onto the plane. I'll be able to purchase bottled water and other libations once I've cleared security. yay. I need to stay hydrated. What are the chances they'll have Nyquil for sale? Probably zero chance. I'm desperate to sleep on the plane but the only thing with a chance of knocking me out is trusty old Nyquil. I just can't see being able to get any on the airport. I could always swig it in the airport before going through security, but I risk falling asleep in the departures lounge while the plane takes off without me.

I got some good jet-lag prevention tips from my friend K this week, who travels to Europe about 7 or 8 times per year. My challenge this week: starting Monday, I need to get up earlier each day of the week and go to bed earlier. By Thursday I should be getting up around 4 and going to bed around 8. This will reduce the difference in my sleeping schedule from 6 to 3 hours, once in Europe. I don't know if I can rise to this occasion. Getting up early is not my forte.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

whoa! only one more week till ITALIA??!!

(I hear you on the packing thing)

take a million pictures, ok?