Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Less Panicky Today

The tour operator recommended bringing our own bottled water since apparently the tap water in Tuscany doesn’t taste very good. Being lazy about dragging a heavy suitcase, I thought this was ridiculous. But then yesterday I was in Dollarama (yay, Dollarama!) and they were selling Naya water for 4 for $1.00. So guess who is hauling her water bottles across the ocean. They also had pretty large packs of trail mix 2 for $1.00. So I got that too. And gum 2 for $1.00 so I’ve got gum too.

These little purchases went a long way to relaxing me. It doesn't take much sometimes. I felt more organized after having bought them. And my packing list is 75% done.

I may actually sleep for the rest of the week. I started my waking up early/going to bed early jet-lag reduction program this morning. Managed to wake up at 5:45 and stay awake. But I didn’t get to sleep early last night because I HAD to watch Deadwood, so I was up past 11:30. Oh well.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they even let you bring your water, trail mix, and gum on board...as everyone knows that these three items used together can create weapons of mass destruction (even in cargo storage, these items may not be permitted.) I know Mentos and Diet Coke are a big no-no.

On another note, am happy to know that you are keeping our Dollaramas in business. Last month, I bought a purple toothbrush holder for travelling. And it only cost me a buck! Can you believe it???

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

gotta love dem dolla stores

Anonymous said...

The last time I was in a dollar store, I was amazed at the number of items that were more than a dollar.

When did that happen?

I propose a class action suit. I need a cause in life.

Anonymous said...

The last time I was in a dollar store, I was amazed at the number of items that were more than a dollar.

When did that happen?

I propose a class action suit. I need a cause in life.

Anonymous said...

I only posted that previous post once and yet it appears twice.

Another class action suit against blogspot is required.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

If items were more than a dollar, then it wasn't a Dollarama! Long live Dollarama where everything is indeed one dollar (plus taxes, of course).

I love the stores that say "everything $1 and up". Technically they could be selling a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow in one of those stores. It would be more than $1.

cityofmushrooms said...

we used to have a place called "a buck or 2" so you can imagine that we were up in the 3, 4 and 5 dollar range much of the time
but happily for we cheapies, dollarama has taken over the universe

Anonymous said...

Here in California, we have the 99 cent store. Even if it's marked higher, it's still 99 cents. As you can imagine it's a great favorite of mine.

Anonymous said...

Leaving all that aside (the cheapest stores here is the $2 shop, so there!) how long is this holiday??? If my memory is correct, its one week.......!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

It is just one short week. But even so, whenever I look at the cats now, I feel so sorry for abandoning them. I am wracked with guilt.

Anonymous said...

And your're worried about jetlag? You live in the northern hemisphere - whats the problem????!!!! The cats? I see a few cats having a ball for a week - then they'll spend about 2 weeks making you feel guilty for leaving them!