Monday, April 18, 2011

Onward

When are we going to get some actual Spring weather? It's awful around here. Temperatures in Florida were amazing. Mid-80's F and sunny, sunny, sunny. The water in the Gulf was warm and lovely to swim in. The beach was quite empty, as were the restaurants. It was All Good. {smiley icon here}

I came home to find that Fancy Feast had not let my cats starve, and everyone was happy and healthy. The kitties seem to have taken to the new human stray in their midst. There was one problem, however. FF downloaded an episode of the Simpsons from a pirate site and crashed my home computer with a virus. He fixed it overnight...but then...while in Florida I received a grovelling email from him confessing that he had returned to the site (DUMB BELL!), caught the virus again and now the computer was DOA. Angry email exchanges ensued.

Anyway, days passed, I returned home and the computer did not get fixed until last night, after endless attempted fixes and various improvisations. He assured me the morning, the darn thing is fixed again. The punchline? When I informed him that he was FORBIDDEN to go back to the stupid pirate site again, he was disappointed. Some people never learn. I fully expect him to ignore me, and end up confessing later this week that the computer is again FUBAR.

But other than that, everything is dandy.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

naughty, naughty FF

Anonymous said...

Who's PC is broken? Why it's Nanuk's
And the weather here f**king sucks!
What a crappy way to end a vacation.
Erasing all pleasure and elation.
And why download Simpson's anyway?
It only plays fourteen times a day!
As much as I used to love the shows
Now it's a case of overdose.
But welcome back to the Canadian connection
Less than two weeks until our election.
Poetry's been building up inside of me
That's why I'm on this rhyming spree
One week break may not seem like long
(yay!...a perfect place to throw in the word "dong")
But with only eleven days to go
(In which I hope we don't see snow)
I have to grab any chance
To verse about getting into Alec's pants
'Cause what is NaPoMo, you alls,
Without reference to Baldwin's bouncing balls,
Without naughty rhymes, I have to say,
It might as well be the month of May.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Excellent.