Thursday, April 07, 2011

My Clueless Boss

Even though I'm on vacation, I got a work update today. sigh.

Due to our restructuring, there are new offices being built and bodies are moving around. My boss said to one of my colleagues that there is no point in moving my office because quote it's easier to leave Nanuk where she is because when I retire next year Nanuk can just move into my office unquote.

Holy crap, woman. Could you be more inappropriate? You don't say things like that. Maybe I should tell her that since our dept went from a staff of 6 to a staff of 17, I have no intention of applying for her stressful, insane job. Jeezuz.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

ah, you are being groomed for boss-hood behind your back--

Susieq said...

Holidays and a work restructure - same thing happening to me at this time too! Got a phone call from Human Resources last week while on a airport bus just after arriving in Hobart (job safe however). Can we ever escape our work??

Do you want the bosses job Nanuk?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Susie, A while back, before any restructuring, she asked me if I would apply for her job when she retired, and I said yes. Because at the time I wanted the job. But now the whole thing is a mess. Much of it is her fault as she is a weak and poor manager, and I've lost all interest is taking it over and trying to pick up the pieces. So, as the situation stands, I would not apply for the job if it came open tomorrow.

cityofmushrooms said...

I don't see why not! you could hire 30 yr old italian soccer players to step and fetch for you--