Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How quickly is our joy extinguished*

This morning, I got on the scale and I was down 2 pounds. I was surprised but very happy. I had done a lot of walking over the weekend, and FF had cooked us some healthy food. Just now, I was emailing FF about this, and he said: "Wait a sec. I was also down 2 pounds this morning."

Pessimist that I am, I am now certain something is wrong with the scale.
*sad face icon*


*Doesn't this sound like the name of a Bach hymn or a psalm? Maybe something Milton wrote while on a diet?

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

milton was on a diet?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Yes. Odd, I know, considering he was blind and didn't even realize he was fat.

cityofmushrooms said...

his friends must have let him know
(some friends)

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it make you feel great,
When you discover you have lost weight?
But then sad to learn, by the same token,
That your scale was only in fact broken.
And with NaPoMo winding down
To your face, it's sure to bring a frown
But I am here to bring you joy
With rhyming words, like hoi polloi
Peccadillos and sycophants
Bulging weiner in Alec's pants
Hope his taco is mine to sauce it
With loving memories of Farrah Fawcett,
Irene Ryan and Poly Styrene
Mr. Dressup and Mr. Green Jeans
Even Raccoon-face Tammy Faye
(Make-up courteous of Mary Kaye)
Hope this endless stream of conscious
Doesn't leave anyone feeling nauseous
Just trying to rhyme as much as possible
Guiding Light and General Hospital
Eloquent chaps and left-handed lispers
and Anon's fave film, Cries and Whispers
Rhymes like this you've never seen
All hail, Period Queen!
Lots o' wangs of substantial girth
A fifteenth printing of "Worlda Mirth"
Sphincter, prepuce, even hymen,
There's no ending to my rhymin'
But there's just so much your readers can take,
So I shall stop and take a break.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I am speechless.

And I put the 2 pounds back on this morning. I guess the scale is back to normal. :(

cityofmushrooms said...

who knew there could be a rhyme for "sycophants"?