Thursday, April 28, 2011

Foodie vs Non Foodie

The Scene: Dinner table last night.
The Menu: Beef stew (with dill throw in)

Me: This is pretty good.
Chef: No. It's substandard. When I make something I want it to be perfect.
Me: Well I like it.
Chef: We're only eating it because we are both hungry and it's here. It's not good. The beef is low quality.
Me: Yeah, it is chewy, but who cares? Overall, it's good.
(we both chew and chew)
Me: Yum. I just got a big dill flavour happening there.
Chef: In one bite?
Me: Yes, that was good.
Chef: No, that's not good. You shouldn't get a noticeable taste in one bite. It means the flavours are not evenly distributed.
Me: But I LIKE dill. It tastes good.
Chef: I need to try this again with better meat and more attention to the ingredients.
Me: Whatever. More wine?
Chef: No. I don't like that wine.
Me: Fine. More for me. (pours and drinks)

Update (Just now in an email)
Him: Just had leftover stew for lunch. Gross.
Me: I just had it too. It's perfectly acceptable. I guess I'm having the rest of the leftovers!

Tonight on the menu: rib-eye steaks, baked potato, mushrooms and green beans. And yes, I am back to my Highest Weight Ever. :(

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

picky, picky!
I'm w/you: someone makes me beef stew and I smile and eat it all up (pass the dill)