Monday, April 04, 2011

Life with Fancy Feast

I could not turn this into a poem if I tried. If it was a poem, it would be The Odyssey. Epic.

So FF calls last night when he's leaving work at 5:15. But he doesn't get home until 7:15 because he made a detour to buy chicken (not Chalet, but New System). I thought the plan was for him to take the 8:00 bus to the Nation's Capital, but clearly he's not going to make that bus. He's going to Ottawa because his days off are Monday and Tuesday. So he says he'll take the 9:00. Then he decides to do laundry....and he starts talking, talking, eating, talking. Suddenly it's 8:20 and he can't make it to Berri for 9:00. Next bus is 10:30. If he takes the 10:30 he will be in Ottawa by 12:45, and there's only one friend he thinks might accept him at the hour. He calls her. She says no, because she has given her boyfriend his own key to her place, and the boyfriend and Fancy don't get along, so it's not a good idea that he be found sleeping on her couch if boyfriend shows up. So he says, I guess I'll take the 8:00 bus tomorrow morning.

I hear him showering at 6:50 this morning. I'm thinking he has to be out of by 7:15 to make the 8:00 bus. Showering, showering. Finally he's done. I get up, it's 7:10, I go downstairs. He's standing there in a towel. I say "You have to be out of here in 5 minutes if you are going to make the 8:00". He says "Good morning!" all smiles. sigh. He tells me he doesn't like to be rushed. He'd rather be late. He's supposed to meet another friend in Ottawa before 11, but clearly that isn't going to happen. He calls the friend, leaves a message that he'll be an hour late. Needless to say he doesn't make the 8:00. He leaves the house at 7:55, so he will make the 9:00....unless he detours somewhere. Time management: not his forte. This is the kind of thing that stresses me but I have adopted a sigh and detachment. He doesn't care about being late, then I don't care about him being later. He's not my responsiblity. sigh (bis)

He'll be back Wednesday. He had planned to come here (or, as he has taken to calling it, "home") and then go to work for his afternoon shift, but he said he'd better bring his work headset with him in case he gets delayed and has to go straight to work from the bus. I said I think that is an EXCELLENT idea. So he did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he plans to see a movie...hmm, I bet it's
A struggle to make it before the closing credits.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

On the work front:

As the clock strikes nine, the tension mounts,
We approach the hour of slaughter
Today should be about as painful to endure
As an episode of "Welcome Back, Kotter"

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

you had me at the "new system" chicken

aside to J-Fan: good luck

Anonymous said...

Arrgh!!!! At 9:45, we were told to sit at our desk and wait till someone came to get us to advise us of our future...I'm still waiting...This is the longest day ever!!!

JAW fan

(sorry it doesn't rhyme!!!)

Anonymous said...

1:00...and still waiting.

So far, everyone who has gone in has been fired (within a six month span)...Seven people have yet to go in...I'm one of them. Does that mean anything??? To be continued...

JAW fan