Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Election Friendship Deal Breaker

Yesterday, BGTSmoothie told me he is going to vote for the Conservative candidate in his riding because he is the only one who wears a yarmulke.

Really? I said. That's your reasoning. I'm assuming every candidate running in the riding is Jewish, so he makes the decision to vote for Steve-o because the PC guy wears a yarmulke. What? The others aren't good enough Jews?? And this from a man who claims to be an atheist and only follows practice for "cultural" reasons.

Also, he's convinced Harper wears a wig. Where do we stand on that?

Then he tells me voting for NDP is a wasted vote because they can't win. But his vote is also wasted because his riding is always 80%+ Liberal.

Question: Is voting for Harper (for any reason) a friendship deal breaker?

My nephew may also vote for Harper but blood is thicker than water. I can't disown him, I can only mock him.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

beat smoothie w/a wet noodle until he comes to his senses

LLJ said...

It's one of those agree to disagree things. If I dropped every friend of mine who is poor but Republican I'd have very few friends left. No amount of reasoning gets through to these people.

Anonymous said...

Bewteen BGTSmoothie and Fancy Feast,
I no longer know who is who,
I just know one destroyed your computer
And the other is voting for a Jew.
And yet despite this confusion,
There's something which leaves me stumped,
And that is "Whatever happened
To our old pal Sneaky McDump?"

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

HA! Funny, I was taking the stairs last week at the office and I had that same thought: whatever happened to Sneaky McDump?
Poor Sneaks, he is missed.`

For clarification:
Smoothie: Arab-hating Jew
FF: Jew-hating Arab.

cityofmushrooms said...

threesome