Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cats R Us

I had been predicting this conversation would occur, and last night it did.

Fancy Feast asked me if he could bring his cat to live with us. I had to say no. I knew it was coming.

I'm all for being a Crazy Cat Lady, but 3 cats is a crowd, 4 is already a bother and 5 would be pandemonium.

I know she is a sweet little thing, but if my 3 have not yet accepted Blackie into the inner sanctum, and he has been hanging around for almost two years now, what would they do this new stranger? FF acknowledged the inevitability of cat fights and acting out (i.e. one or more cats peeing on the furniture to "make a statement"). But I know this subject will come up again.

Problem is FF's brother won't keep the cat anymore because she is lonely and is already acting up (i.e. peeing on FF's stuff that is in storage at his brother's). FF has found another friend to take her for now, but I know that will not last either.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

some statements are better left unmade--