Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Election update

Last week, my sister (the now Ontario-ite) asked me if the Bloc has ever done anything good for Quebec. To my knowledge the answer is No. They are never part of government so why would their ridings be given any money from the Feds. So she asked, why do people keep voting for them?

All I can figure is that Bloc voters in Quebec are our version of poor Americans who always vote Republican. They are trapped in a mindset that does not permit them to understand the concept of voting against your own interests. I don't know how many generations it takes before a voting bloc wakes up and says "wait a sec, this party hasn't given us anything. Let's not vote for them anymore".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading the other day,
A development quite new,
NDP's gaining popularity
In the Province Blue

So, maybe one day in the future
Layton will be minister
And we can do away with Harper,
Evil man, so sinister!!!

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

I keep forgetting it is NaPoMO--
but I can't make a poem out of the fact that albertans seem to believe it is un-albertan to vote anything but tory blue
alas

Anonymous said...

When you live in Calgary,
By unwritten law, must vote Tory,
Otherwise you lose the battle,
And someone comes to steal your cattle.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

you got it--

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Someone is bursting with poetry today.