Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another day, another escape attempt

This morning I submitted an application for an editor job at Mr. Anon's esteemed employer. Yes, I would be making less money than I currently am, but I've decided this has become a matter of retaining my sanity.

Escape at any cost in now the name of the game.

Fancy Feast feels this is sheer insanity. His suggestion is to try to get 6 months to a year off for mental health reasons. Which, frankly, sounds wonderful, except a) I don't think I can manage the whole screaming-like-a-maniac-while-rolling-around-on the-floor-of-the-doctor's-reception-room shtick, which seems to be necessary for securing long-term mental health leave in this place, and b) the situation here will be the same or worse on my return, so what does this really serve?

Oh LottoMax, why have you failed me, too?

3 comments:

c said...

application-orama, this week!

cityofmushrooms said...

er, c=cityofmushrooms, obviously

Harry Flashman said...

I only play the Jour de Paye lottery now. It's a much more satisfying lottery to lose than Lotto Max. I love it! You should try it.

Good luck on the editor job application.