Friday, March 26, 2010

Unpleasant experience first thing in the morning

I was walking to the bus stop at 8:00, when a guy drove by with his window rolled down, which was weird enough considering how freezing cold the wind is today.

Out his window he yells at me "Get back home now. Your child is dead."

I just shrugged and kept walking. But then it started weighing on my mind, how awful a thing that is to say to somebody. I know if I was a parent, I would've been freaked out enough to stop, turn around and go home to check. What a sicko.

Of course, as a non-parent, my first thought was that Blackie the Cat had been run over by a car. And he's not even my child.

But, really, what a disturbing thing to yell at a stranger. What gives with that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he was saying "Julia Child is dead"

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

sounds like the beginning of a Canadian horror movie--your morning encounter was a PONTYPOOL moment if ever there was one

and note to JAW fan: julia child is not dead-Julia will never die--Julia lives on in every stick of butter added to every reduced-wine-sauce ever to be made until the end of the world--amen

Susieq said...

And this person was in control of a car????

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Yes, he was also driving a bit too fast for a residential street, but frankly, that is the least disturbing thing about him.