Monday, October 01, 2007

Getting Gas

Can somebody explain how gas (i.e. petrol for those down under) can cost 98 cents a litre on Thursday, $1.07 on Friday and Saturday and then 94 cents on Sunday?

The words "weekend gouge" come to mind.

And next weekend is Thanksgiving. I expect it to go over $1.10 for that occasion.

I filled up yesterday at 94. I'm not planning on driving much this week, so I'm just letting the gas sit in the tank and accumulate value. Makes me feel rich. No siphoning please!

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

yeah, we're insanely up and down like that too and we GROW the stuff

Anonymous said...

Happens here too - it was $1.13 for sometime (cheapest its been in ages) then school holidays started and all of a sudden, its $1.28.

Anonymous said...

...how can you even talk about gas when Alice Ghostley is dead???

JAW fan
(see additional comments in posting below!)