Thursday, October 11, 2007

Last Night: Gogol Bordello

How would you feel if your grandpa was in punk band? I’ve done only a quick bit of research to try to find out how old Sergey, the fiddle-player in Gogol Bordello is. But I haven’t been successful yet. He’s gotta be somebody’s grandpa, though. And he has to wake up a lot of mornings and ask himself how he landed this gig at his age. Life is odd.

The accordion player falls into the same category. He’s thinking: Who am I and what am I doing here? I look like a plumber and yet here I am on stage with hot chicks. Life is good.

What a fun show. As good as the first time we saw them, I think. I’m ready to see ‘em again. They did not disappoint. It seemed to go on forever. But the show ain’t over until the young lady plays the big bass drum. I love that!

As for Dub Trio. Well, shoot. I like dub, and I like trios. What’s not to like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...you know what I thought about Dub Trio, so I won't repeat...however, I will add this: rearrange the letters in their name and you get "bird to u" and that's what I give them, the bird!!

As for Gogol, how can you not love them?...unless they lived above you and practiced at all hours. I was just a little disappointed last night that our beloved Eugene did not crowd surf on his drum.

But I did love that woman in front of us who was dancing on the table and then fell off...and grandpa's ensemble. I want to wear that to work one day, just to see what people say.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

As long as you're not wearing white after Labour Day, who could complain?