Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Hanoi Hotel

I stayed at a hotel called Hong Ngoc at 99 Ma May Street. I was treated well and really liked staying there. Very comfortable bed.

So I was looking at the hotel's web site, and what did I find? Not only does this little chain run 4 hotels in Hanoi's old quarter, it also runs a hospital. Huh? Here I was feeling sick in Hanoi. How could I know my hotel also ran a hospital? Does anyone ever think "hmm, I wonder if my 15-room hotel has a corresponding hospital?" What kind of hotel chain also runs a hospital? I love Asia.

http://www.hongngochotel.com/en/?frame=hotel&h=5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its not the first thing that springs to mind I must admit. I'd be thinking - whats the bar like? But thats me....

Anonymous said...

hey, I have an idea for a new business...instead of booking a hotel room in Hanoi, why not just book a hospital room (for those travellers who aren't feeling up to par)

JAW fan