Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More Halong Bay

In the top picture, you should just be able to make out the lookout at the top of the hill. There were 425 steps to make it from the beach to the lookout, but I was determined to make it to the top because we got there as the sun was setting and I wanted a photo of the sunset. So I scaled those dang 425 steps. And got the second photo. It was worth it.

Whilst scaling and sweating and panting, I was passed by more than one fit, trim European who got to the top without even breathing hard. How I hated those people.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long did it take you to get your breath back before you could take the photo? Its really beautiful and would look great enlarged and framed.

Anonymous said...

You almost expect Godzilla to pop up from behind one of those islands.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

JAW, you wish.

Susie, I recovered quite quickly, mainly because I knew there were no lights on the way down and once the sun set it would be dark as hell up there and that would've been a big problem. So I snapped the photo and headed back down fast. Being passed, of course, by fit Frenchmen and Germans. grrr.

cityofmushrooms said...

bet they were smoking too