Monday, October 15, 2007

I Have Calmed Down Today

I thought I would go to work today, but when the alarm went off I just thought "bleh", so I'm staying home. I am on "vacation" after all. I'll rake leaves if it doesn't rain, and maybe see a movie.

Our travel group is supposed to file a claim against American F Airlines for two lost days of our tour, but frankly I don't expect to see much reimbursement from them. But of course we will try. We will not see any of Hanoi (this is assuming that we actually get off the ground tomorrow) and we will miss the boat cruise and sightseeing in Halong. Which was a highlight of the trip. grumble.

Oh, and another thing, if I knew this trip might be delayed again, I could've gone to Toronto to see Springsteen. Shouldn't I be able to claim for this lost privilege? wah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and deprived of 2 days of Vietnamese beer!!! That alone ought to be worth something.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

at least you can yell at someone (the ticket guy? an am airline official?) "YOU WILL HEAR FROM MY LAWYER"

oh, on second thought, better not: you might get tasered!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

The day I read about the bankruptcy of American F Airlines, and believe me, with this kind of bare bones non-service, it is only a matter of time, I will be a happy person.