Monday, June 27, 2011

Life is dull w/o FF

Since Fancy Feast left, there's nothing to talk about. Let's see...

On Saturday night, Smoothie came over for supper. Once again, he is insisting that I eat healthy, so he wanted to be in charge of the menu. I'm good with that. We had chicken, veggies, rice and sweet potatoes. But his "kitchen prep" is not good and I was hovering around him trying to get him to turn down burners that were too hot, etc., etc. He was getting pissed off at me, but we were saved by the bell, i.e. the phone rang.

And it was Fancy Feast on the line. The first call I'd received since he left. And guess what? He needed my help. He was at his brother's place in Ottawa and....wait for it...the computer wasn't working. I was polite enough NOT to ask if he broke it, but let's assume he did. So while Smoothie cooked away in the kitchen, I went on line at the Pirate Bay to find Windows keys and read them to FF who tried to restart his bro's computer. It didn't work.

I had to hang up because supper was ready. I told FF that Smoothie was making supper for me and his reaction was: "Great!"...followed by...."Is he a better cook than I am?" I could not answer because I hadn't tried Smoothie's cooking yet. FF said he will call back soon and I am to tell him who is the better chef. He has no worries; he is far superior to Smoothie. Smoothie cooks like a regular person; FF cooks as if his life depends on it. I'm still trying to figure out how to lose those 6 pounds he gave me.

I hadn't missed FF at all since his departure. In fact, I was relishing my newly spacious home. But after talking to him, I kinda miss the big lug. He said he'll be back in November...

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

november as in july?