Monday, June 27, 2011

I had a Dream

I had one of those dreams last night where I wake myself up because I am laughing. I believe the Anonymi family is away this week, but I’ll post this now while I remember it and direct their attention to it for their return. This is because it involves Mr. Anonymous. He is the “star” of the dream.

In my dream, Mr. A. and I are married (!?) and we are in bed in that classic sit-com domestic arrangement where we are both sitting up, in our pajamas, reading our books. Mr. A. is wearing reading glasses, the half-moon type that Homer wears whenever he has reading glasses on.

Mr. A. is reading a John LeCarre type novel. Here is my reproduction of the cover.



Mr. A. pauses, and looks at me very seriously, and says “You know, I think I’ve figured out what is up with the main character in this novel.”

I say: “Oh yeah, what is it?”

And he says, completely unironically and without any kind of humorous intent: “He is an imposter”.

I woke up laughing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess there's no point reading the book now that you've ruined the surprise!

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Sorry.

cityofmushrooms said...

cue teh laugh-track, laura petrie

cityofmushrooms said...

THE laugh-track