Monday, June 13, 2011

Doomed to Obesity

BGTSmoothie stopped by my office just now to collect something. It was 3:00 p.m. I met him in the lobby and he handed me a bag from McD's. What is this? I asked. It was a cheeseburger. Why would I need a cheeseburger in the middle of the afternoon. He said that he doubted that a "woman like you" would go from lunch to supper without a snack. Yes, I might have an afternoon snack, but it would never be a cheeseburger.

I had to accept it because he could not take it back because a cheeseburger combines meat and dairy and that isn't kosher. So I was stuck with a dilemma. Eat it or throw it out. *sigh* Because I am the kind of person who cannot throw out perfectly good food, I ate it. It was tasty. I was not in the least bit hungry. I'm mad at myself and at Smoothie.

I had leftover fish-n-chips from last night's supper (we ordered in) for lunch and I am having a rib eye steak (prepared by FF) for supper. And now a cheeseburger in between. Last week I was complaining about my weight to the Tall Teacher and he said "Hey, 100 more pounds and you can be on the Biggest Loser". Maybe I should aim for that. *sigh* (bis)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. A. has a word for people like you...ENABLER!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

He's the enabler! Enabling me to eat an un-needed cheeseburger. I am the poor soul with no self control. :(

cityofmushrooms said...

but you gotta love that tall teacher--

Anonymous said...

My only question is: who passes by to see someone and brings them a cheeseburger???

Scenario: "Hey, Nanuk and Mr. Anon, here are the Fantasia tickets I picked up for you...oh, and here's a cheeseburger for each of you!"

Am I the only one who finds this weird???

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

Secondly...a "woman like you" needs a bag of chips, not some McD's cheeseburger to hold her over till supper...Obviously, he knows nothing about you.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

Thirdly and lastly: If someone is going to bring me a surprise cheeseburger, McD's would be the last one I would want.

Should anyone want to bring me one...top of the list: A & W.

mmmm!!!

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

I'm with JAW fan - bringing someone a cheeseburger is forcing them to eat it - a bag of chips you could put in a drawer, but a cheeseburger he's basically saying "eat this, now".

Aside: if when the Fantasia schedule comes out and you pick up tickets for us, chips = ok/cheeseburger=forget it!

Speaking of Fantasia, I noticed it's later than usual this year. (a month from today). Nanuk still has time to start dreaming of one of the programmers...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I don't have to dream. I saw him crossing Queen Mary about 2 weeks ago. I forgot to mention that thrilling moment on the blog.

Everybody agrees the cheeseburger is a weird idea? Good. I am not alone. It did FORCE me to eat it. I couldn't save it for later. Even FF, who is no stranger to being weird, found a cheeseburger a bizarre "snack".

And speaking of knowing me and what I need, FF bought me my own can of SC&O Pringles yesterday. I'm gonna miss that guy.