Monday, May 02, 2011

Sunday morning in NDG

(Author's note: I'm kind of on strike today. After a morning staff meeting wherein my boss repeated that she is here for another year and 3 months, I feel completely deflated and unable to function. Thus, I blog.)

Scene: The living room. I am on the couch, FF is in the recliner. We are drinking coffee. (Domestic bliss. LOL!)

FF: How do you feel about getting a daybed?
Me: Why?
FF: To replace the futon.
Me: Why? I like the futon.
FF: The futon hurts my back.
Me: You seem to be sleeping fine on it.
FF: It's okay, but it's starting to hurt my back. Daybeds are nice and more comfortable.
[At this point, I wanted to call MsMushrooms for her opinion on the comfort level of the futon and any back pain she may have suffered while here.]
Me: I'm not buying a daybed.
FF: I'll pay for it.
Me: But you're only here for a couple of months.
[Raised eyebrows from FF. And those raised eyebrows said many, many more words than anything else could've. He thinks he's here for longer than a couple of months.]
FF: Yes. But I'm still ready to buy it.
Me: Fine. But you have to take it to Ottawa with you when you go.
FF: No. You can throw out the futon and keep the daybed.
Me: But I don't want to throw out the futon. I like the futon. We'll move it upstairs.
FF: Okay. But you can still keep the daybed. I'm not paying to move it to Ottawa. That'll cost more than the daybed.
Me: It's up to you. But I'm not buying a daybed.
FF: Hand me the laptop. I'm googling daybeds.
Me: Go ahead. You'll be over this in an hour.
FF: That's true. I do move onto other things pretty quick. What's daybed in French?
Me: I have no idea.
FF: Wow. IKEA's daybeds are really ugly.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

what IS day bed in french?
-I'm still stuck on the raised eyebrows over "you're only here a couple of months"--

ps I can't remember the futon--I can only remember that I had to turn the rattling fan towards my face beause it was 37 degrees and all of mtl was a humid swamp (tho a nostalgic one of course)

Anonymous said...

Mushroom,...and don't forget the delicious Mexican-inspired supper you were served!!!

Nanuk,...T has a futon, and I don't like it because my back is often sore in the morning. Of course, I have back problems and will sleep on the floor at home. I find that very comfortable...but am sure it is not to everyone's liking!

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

So, I should suggest to FF that he start sleeping on the floor? Excellent idea.

cityofmushrooms said...

mexican meal not forgotten--
nor karen black and dead-charleton