Friday, May 06, 2011

Pension countdown

We got our annual statements today, the ones where they show you cannot possibly afford to retire in the foreseeable future. But I knew that.

There's a calculator function which indicates I can survive on the pension I would get at 60, so I don't have to go to the bitter end at 62. That chops off 2 years, but it's still 10 long years in the hell hole.

I can't leave at 55 without the help of Loto Quebec.

I think I will run the numbers for retiring at 59. If I can chop another year off, having come to work today will have been worthwhile.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

better pick up that scratch ticket, lady

Susieq said...

I think we all should!!!! They have changed the rules here and now you can't get a government pension till 67!!!! Depressing isn't it...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I worry that we are going to head down that path too. Isn't the US thinking of raising the retirement benefit age to 70?