Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spoke too soon

Looks like I'm not getting rid of FF any time in the near future. Turns out that Hippie Chick is not an eccentric weirdo in a good way, but a genuine "CRAZY WEIRDO". I'd suspected for a while that there was something not right in the head about this girl, but I kept somewhat quiet about it because I've never met her and FF insisted she was just "out there". Like he is.

Did I mention she says she's a witch?

Anyway, it seems she has some kind of schizo bi-polar condition that she is not being treated for. To quote FF "That explains A LOT". I opined that it seems rather harsh to just dump her as a friend because she's mentally ill. He gave me a look and said: "Do I need that?" And considering all the anxieties and depressions etc etc that he has dealt with in his own life, I had to agree that no, he didn't need that at all.

So what did he do after this eventful day? Put on his headphones, clicked on YouTube and watched three episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation in a row. I asked: "This is how you're dealing with it?" He said: "I'm a guy. It's what we do."

Tonight's menu: Beef stew.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

my eccentric genius blood doctor has a little plastic star-trek-next-generation doll on his computer--
-chilling: this star trek business

Anonymous said...

I may not understand the Star Trek thing...but I can assure you there's nothing in life* that a viewing of "The Poseidon Adventure" or "Planet of the Apes" won't cure.

JAW fan

*except of course being in a boat disaster or waking up to find simians have taken over the world.

cityofmushrooms said...

point taken