Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Spy Who Loves Me

I had a long talk with my boss, Mrs. David Brent, today. I dunno what to think. Now the story is that her boss, The Phantom, wants to e-x-p-a-n-d our department, add new jobs and promote the existing staff.

As Charo used to say: Do ju think I was born tomorrow?

In her clumsy, unguarded way, she basically told me that in 5 or 6 years, I (Nanuk of the North, the Mastermind behind [blank]) will be the boss of this expanded department.

She also let slip who she thinks will get the short end of the stick, and it's the colleague I am closest to and trust the most. One who is actually a close friend. Nice, eh?

All this to say that our consultant, Boozy the Spy, is here to provide us (or... some of us) with the advance training that will give us an advantage in getting the promotions that are coming in the magical-land-of-Oz-expanded-department of the future. She's here to HELP us.

Tra-la-la. Let us all dream pretty dreams. I want a pony!

8 comments:

Susieq said...

yeah and I just saw a giant pig fly past!

Anonymous said...

Don't misconscrew me, but sadly, all I got out of this was: "Ah, Charo."

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

time to call in owen wilson for "the stake out"--

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

As Mr. J. Locke would say:
I won't (miscon)screw ya.

cityofmushrooms said...

ah, mr. locke!
(nods to JAW fan)

Anonymous said...

I would write a pre-NaPoMo poem honouring Mr. Locke...but it would only end up coming out a limerick (if you know what I mean)

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

you devil

Jason Stockl said...

LOL @ Charo!