Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Half a Day Off

Boozy the Spy did not schedule a meeting for this morning, so I've done the natural thing. Taken the morning off! Whee.

I slept in as late as the cats would let me, i.e. a whole hour. I slurped coffee while skimming the NY Times on-line, and I shall pop by the "guichet" to pay some bills before heading for the office.

I also washed out the litter boxes so as to feel that I did do some constructive manual labour in my time off.

I'm still not sure what this whole consultancy scheme is going to accomplish, if anything. It has put some zing into our normally routine office life. There is that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And there's no mention of Charo because...?

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

You gays, and your Charo.

Anonymous said...

Her and Florence Henderson.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

no way! Florence Henderson?! please, no!

Anonymous said...

It used to be LaWanda Page...but she went and died on us!!!

JAW Fan

note to Nanuk: "Get out the Goose Grease!"

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you can just take the morning off on a whim. Where are our tax dollars going?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Well, it IS booked as half a vacation day. It's not like it's a free for all around here, or anything. (Groans at hopelessness of work situation.)