Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance Day

My nephew is a guest speaker at his old high school today.

As a reservist, he was asked by one of his former teachers to sit up front on the panel to represent the guys in uniform. But over the weekend one of the speakers dropped out, so my nephew got the call and was asked to speak.

He is the 4th generation of our family to join the forces either actively at war (WWI: my grandfather and WW2: my father) or as a reservist (my bro-in-law).

I read his speech. And it is pretty good. I'm sure he will do well. He is not afraid of public speaking, unlike his aunt.

3 comments:

Susieq said...

Nice story.

I'm sure he wasn't out there throwing egss at Charles and Camilla!!!

Susieq said...

Er, I did mean eggs of course....

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

You know the only thing less relevant than Charles and Camilla?

People who take the time to throw eggs at Charles and Camilla.

What idiots!