Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What a drab year!

My efforts at putting together a year-end best-of list are failing miserably. Did nothing interesting happen this year?

My favourite month: NaPoMo.

My favourite 2008 chips: President's Choice silver bag Buffalo Wings and Blue Cheese.
Runner-up favourite chips: Doritos Collisions.

My favourite book was Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively which I read in 2008, but was published back in 1987. So this is hardly cutting-edge news.

My fave concert: Leonard Cohen.

I don't think I had a favourite movie at all.

Really, not much to report.

I guess I might as well get on with my list of New Year's Resolutions for 2009. Resolutions are always good for a bitter laugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In terms of books, I can recommend "Lush Life" by an American author whose name I can't remember.....

Didn't go to many concerts, but Burt Bacharach performing with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra was a big highlight.

Sorry, don't eat Doritos.....(that'll probably get me banned from the blog.....)

Anonymous said...

argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 3 months away from NaPoMo...the pressure! the presure!...

Is "love muscle" a valid rhyme for "do the Hustle"?

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

"love muscle" is the absolutely the best and only rhyme for "do the hustle"

I await NaPoMo eagerly