Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Another Test

Well, the Job Gods in New York who torture me for their pleasure have invited me to go back there again and write another test for another job.

This is the same procedure as back in October, for a different but similar type of job. The test is February 3. Bleh. What an awful time of year to have to fly. I was hoping this particular job might have enough applicants from Canada for the powers-that-be to set up a test in Montreal, but it appears for now that, no, they did not.

I haven't even found out if I passed the October test yet. I was hoping to have that result before writing another exam. But, alas, it appears I have to decide whether I want to take another kick at the can without knowing if I kicked said can to their satisfaction the first time round.

I swear they think I'm made of money.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

they don't fly you out at their expense??

Anonymous said...

That was my question too!!!! Bit rude making you pay!!!!

Oh, and as the New Year is but a few hours away here downunder, may I wish all Nanuk and all bloggers a happy 2009!!!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

They don't pay for the test part. If you pass the test and they want to interview you, then they pay for that part of it. They aren't chasing me, after all, I'm chasing after them.

cityofmushrooms said...

but who pays airfare?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Airfare, hotel, etc. It's all me for the test part, and all them if I get to the interview part. I wonder how long they will continue to twiddle their thumbs on the Oct test results? annoying people.