Friday, December 05, 2008

Grrr

I've reached the point where I can't blog because there are now too many things that are pissing me off. I wouldn't know how to prioritize my disgust.

So I'll stick with the smallest one.

There is always an Xmas raffle held at work. The prizes range from really good (2 airline tickets to wherever) to decently good (bottles of booze!). This year they started a new policy. Only one ticket per person. The tickets are $20, and every ticket is guaranteed a prize. I did not buy a ticket because I am a grinch and a scrooge.

So for the past 10 days we've been told to buy our tickets, but without ever being told what the prizes were. Wednesday was the last day to buy tickets. Thursday, they send out an email showing us the list of prizes.

Is this not ass-backwards? Would they have not sold more tickets if people knew what the prizes would be?

Dumb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But had they sold more tickets (and everyone wins a prize)would that not have meant that they had to get more prizes???

Perhaps the list of prizes sent out was to show all you "cheapies" what you ha-ha mised out on.

Of course without a list of prizes and not knowing that everyone wins a prize, I would also have fallen into the "cheapie" category.

But...on the positive side, when someone comes up to you and say "hey, I won airplane tickets", you can reply "great, but is your house paid off?"

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

More tickets would've just meant they'd give away more bottles of duty-free booze.

Frankly, each employee should get a bottle per day just to be numb enough to keep working here.