Thursday, December 11, 2008

I want to be young again

I'm sick of being middle-aged and having all my body parts fall apart.

Ever have a cracked tooth? Trust me, it's effing agony. Fortunately I'm seeing the dentist emergency-style this afternoon. Even if he can't fix it right away, he will prescribe a pain killer, and man, do I want this pain killed. Kill this pain dead, sez I.

Goofily unaware of my problem, I had hot soup yesterday, and the pain was so crazy bad intense, that I thought that I was going to pass out. Which would've looked back at our dept's Xmas lunch. Never felt anything like it.

O Youth, how I miss you. Come back. Come back.

7 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

as good ol boy billy clinton used to intone: I feel your pain

Anonymous said...

...reminds me of last Christmas season when my tooth cracked, infection set in...dentist on holiday...had to go to an emergency dental clinic on January 1st...popped pills and antibiotics till my regular dentist came back only to find out I needed a root canal and then a crown...This holiday season has to be better...

If you are in the same type of pain I was in, believe me I understand. The thing that did help was the Tylenol/Advil cocktail that Fr. (my nurse friend) prescribed. Two Tylenol and two advils every 8 hours (worked wonders)...According to her, there is no danger whatsoever mixing these two...just do not mix with aspirin (ASA...whatever that ingredient is.)

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

or when I had my 5 minutes of fame singing on tv for the Timmy Telethon with Shari Lewis (yes and with Lambchop) and just before going onstage...lost half my front tooth. AHHHH! Who cares, no one was really looking at me anyway! Okay it wasn't physically painful but still!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

You met Lambchop? Wow, so cool. I did not know this lost tooth story. Oh well.

I remember your husband's lost tooth, though. Ah, the laughs we had over that Cletis hillbilly look of his.

Anonymous said...

...yeah, there we were in the restaurant, laughing away at poor Cletis...and then what happened??? I broke my tooth on a piece of bread, right there in the restaurant. Stupid restaurant!

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

We all have bad teeth, or what?

Anonymous said...

OMG I forgot that! too funny.